Remember to register by Friday for the CPC 2021 Virtual National Meeting, which will take place Thursday & Friday May 6-7th, 2021. Click here for conference registration, reasonably priced at $25/attendee for members; $50/attendee for non-members. Registration closes Friday, April 30th.
In case you want a preview, our meeting agenda is now live! The meeting content consists of pre-recorded content for attendees to view at their own pace, and live interactive sessions such as panel discussion with speakers and working break out groups aimed to plan CPC’s conservation initiatives.
· Keynote Speaker, Peggy Olwell, Plant Conservation & Restoration Program Lead, Bureau of Land Management
· Presentation of the CPC Star Award for career conservation achievement to a very deserving, surprise recipient!
· Climate Advocacy Panel with break out group discussion featuring the following panelists:
o Peggy Olwell, Plant Conservation Program Lead, Bureau of Land Management
o David Wilmot, Found & President, Ocean Champions
o Kay Havens, Director of Conservation & Ecology, Chicago Botanic Garden
· Two Contests with Cash Prizes! First, our second annual plant conservation photo content (Rare Plants, Mask on Field Photos, Your Favorite petri dish – all welcome). New this year – A special contest designed to beta-test the functionality of the “Conservation Updates” module on the new saveplants.org. Contest instructions to come, but note that this year, the contests will be managed through our online CPC Rare Plant Academy platform rather than the Whova App. Prize values for both contests:
o First Prize: $150
o Second Prize: $100
o Third Prize: $50
o Honorable mentions: Some fun T-shirts I found online!
· 30+ lightning talks & posters from our network of conservation experts! See our full presenter list here.