Home Forum topic Plant Monitoring and Demography rare plant demography data for at least 5 years?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Joyce MaschinskiCPC Conservation Officer

CPC is interested in exploring several questions using long-term rare plant demography data.  Interested?

Kayri HavensCPC Conservation Officer

We have a grant to synthesize long term demo data from several Cirsium pitcheri populations…will be collaborating with some folks that have 25-30 year data sets…our 2 sites for 7 years each looks kind of puny in comparison.  But yes, interested in what these long data sets can tell us!

Michael KunzCPC Conservation Officer

Yes – I’m interested.

Tom KayeCPC Conservation Officer

Yes — I’m interested and have some data that I can share. Our longest running data set is from Lomatium cookii (back to 1994) in a wild populations, plus reintroduced patches from adjacent habitat since 2007.  We also have demographic data from other rare species in Oregon.

Jennifer NealeCPC Conservation Officer

We have drafted a paper that looks at long-term data sets to try to assess how many years of data should be collected in order to caputre major trends. We gathered data from existing publications and pulled our own data sets as well as from colleagues. We would love to partner with others to do additional meta-analysis on long-term data sets.

Joyce MaschinskiCPC Conservation Officer

Fairchild and colleagues have long-term demographic data tracking individuals, survival, growth & reproduction of Phorodendron rubrum and Dalea carthagenensis var. floridana. 

Naomi FragaCPC Conservation Officer

Hi Joyce, I am wondering if you are still working on this.  I have long term demography data for two annuals (Erythranthe shevockii and Trichostema austromontanum subsp. compactum) and one perennial (Nitrophila mohavensis).  We recently published our Nitrophila mohavensis work. https://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/FileHandler.ashx?DocumentID=193397&inline

I would be interested in contributing to something.

Naomi

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.