Home Forum topic Other Topics Looking for Spiranthes seeds

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Steve BlackwellCPC Conservation Officer

Hi all, I’m not sure if this is the right forum for this, but I couldn’t find any others that fit. I’m looking to see if anyone has some Spiranthes seeds they could spare for use in a tissue culture project I’m working on. I’m trying to figure out  protocols to TC Spiranthes delitescens but I wanted to try them out on another congener first. Thanks so much!

Katie HeinemanCPC Conservation Officer

Hi Steve,

I’m not sure if many people are subscribed here – but I’ll email you some contacts from Longwood Gardens; Atlanta Botanic Gardens; University of Minnesota Landscape Arboretum; and NAOCC, all of which work extensively with orchid seeds. Mind if I cross post to the CPC internal board since it’s a material request?

In case it helps – here is a cool video about in vitro methods for Spiranthes casei in case it’s at all relevant to what you are doing.

https://saveplants.org/video/in-vitro-seed-germination-and-seedling-development-of-spiranthes-casei-for-ex-situ-conservation/

Katie

Steve BlackwellCPC Conservation Officer

That would be great, Katie, thanks! I’ve actually been in touch with Peter Zale at Longwood and he was really helpful. I was just trying to reach out to others in the network as a whole rather than contacting each person individually. If you could facilitate that through internal board that would be amazing.

Meg EngelhardtCPC Conservation Officer

Caleb Dvorak at MoBot has been working on TC for Spiranthes and other orchids. You might reach out to him as well. caleb.dvorak@mobot.org

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.