Home Forum topic Conventional Seed Banking Labeling foil packets for freezer storage

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kate WellspringCPC Conservation Officer

I’m curious how others physically label their foil packets/pouches. Do you use a permanent marker directly on the exterior of the packet? Do you use an adhesive label designed for freezer storage? If the latter, do you recommend a particular brand? 

Katie PittmanCPC Conservation Officer

We use a combo of address labels printed on a Dymo label printer and permanent marker to see the accession number in the top corner. The Uline address labels work great (product # S-8504).

Kate WellspringCPC Conservation Officer

Thanks very much for your response, Katie. If you don’t mind a follow-up question: do you find that both the print on the labels and the adhesive hold up well in the freezer and upon removal? I’m wondering about when the packets are removed from the freezer (and a bit of moisture condenses on the labels) if the the print might run?

Anna ClarkeCPC Conservation Officer

I use Avery 5524 labels.   They are waterproof/weatherproof.   I print our labels on a laser printer following the pattern of the person before me.   The labels and the print seem to hold up well.   

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.