August 12, 2021 at 9:59 am #10223Hannah RodriguezSubscriber
The Fort Worth Botanic Garden | Botanical Research Institute of Texas (FWBG|BRIT) invites applications for an originative, innovative, and engagement-focused science Librarian.
FWBG|BRIT seeks an individual with skills and technology to advance the research library inside BRIT and out, augment collection development and cultivate library usage and guest services, promote cross-departmental collaboration, build awareness for scope and depth of library collections, and promote community engagement beyond the FWBG|BRIT campus.
The Librarian will be responsible for:
- Collection care and curation (housing, compactors, digitization, conservation treatments, climate control, etc.) and processing (acquisitions, donations, de-accessioning, etc.).
- Engagement through programming that highlights the collections: exhibitions, lectures, readings, and tours; to illustrate and demonstrate to the public the importance and value of the collections.
- Service by sharing expertise and resources across the Library & Info. Science Field: sharing knowledge and materials at the local, regional, national, and international level; mentorship to Library of Science students through Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) practicum internships; location for hosting LIS and CBHL (2023) conferences.
- Actively seeking/securing funding/support through grants and private donors; board and donor development.
- Collection development.
- Managing archive collections.
- Maintaining and providing content for the library web page.
- Preparing and submitting annual library budget.
- Providing reference, interlibrary loan, instruction, and other information services to library users.
- Training and managing library volunteers.
- Overseeing the Burk Children’s Library.
- May participate in personal library research projects and other professional development activities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience Requirements
A Master’s degree from an American Library Association accredited library school is required along with…
- Experience in organizing and managing projects
- Excellent computer and database skills; data management
- Experience working in a library or other collection-based organization
Please see full job description for a more detailed list of job tasks and applicant qualifications. https://brit.org/about-us/careers/
How to Apply
FWBG|BRIT strives to maintain a positive working environment focused on growth and success of individuals, working together in a collaborative, professional manner, with communication a priority. To apply, please submit a resume and a cover letter as a single document to: email@example.com. Applications will be considered until the position is filled. FWBG|BRIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Institution
The Fort Worth Botanic Garden | Botanical Research Institute of Texas (FWBG|BRIT) is an international scientific research, learning center, and botanic garden located in the Cultural District of Fort Worth, Texas. FWBG|BRIT’s mission is to explore, explain, and display the plant world to enrich lives and conserve life on Earth. This means that we’re a curious group of people and, at every level of our organization, you will be working alongside enthusiastic advocates of our mission. Maybe you have a green thumb or a green mindset. But if you are solution-focused, dedicated to learning from mistakes, and resolute to be honest and kind, we would love to have you on our multi-faceted team as we work to further the joint vision of the Fort Worth Botanic Gardens and the Botanical Research Institute of Texas for the benefit of our local and international community.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.