Home Forum topic Announcements Florabank Guidelines are now online

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Good afternoon,

I am excited to announce the release of the Florabank Guidelines – the best practice guidelines for native seed collection and use in Australia.

The Florabank Guidelines are essential reading for anyone that works with native seed in any capacity from research to restoration, planting to policy and everything in between. This includes bush regeneration, tree planting, mine rehabilitation and landcare. Originally published in 1999/2000, the guidelines have been revised to include a further 20 years of knowledge based on practical experience, expertise and research.

The updated Guidelines are available to download for free from the Florabank website: http://www.florabank.org.au/guidelines

The Guidelines contain 15 modules which follow the native seed supply chain from collection, through processing to propagation and planting. To better support the whole of the seed supply chain, this update includes additional information on working with Indigenous Australians, approvals, record keeping, and tips for seed purchasers.

I would like to thank the team of over 40 national and international collaborators who generously provided their time and expertise to update the Guidelines, and also those who reviewed the content.

This revision was part of the Healthy Seeds Project funded by the NSW Environmental Trust and managed by the Australian Network for Plant Conservation (ANPC) Inc. The Florabank Consortium includes ANPC, Australian National Botanic Gardens, CSIRO and Greening Australia.

I encourage all people involved in native seed to read the updated guidelines and share this resource among your networks.

Please keep in touch with the ANPC by signing up to receive our free, monthly e-newsletter, and join as a member to enjoy a range of benefits.

Kind regards,
    Dr Lucy Commander
    Florabank Guidelines Project Manager
    The Australian Network for Plant Conservation Inc.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.