Home Forum topic Other Topics Actively cultivating positive outlook – enthusiasm

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer CeskaCPC Conservation Officer

John Clark offered a lovely comment at the end of my talk asking how I keep up energy and enthusiasm. I didn’t answer this at the podium as well as I’d liked. Truth is I actively cultivate a positive outlook. I had no idea until a couple of years ago that positive psychology was a field of study in applied neuroscience. I’m learning more about neural plasticity, psychological strength, bouncebacks to setbacks, growth mindset versus fixed. I’m seeking training particularly in light of helping conservation biology students develop skills for resiliency in a perhaps daunting career (when we make a mistake do we adjust and learn or shut down). There is a seminar that I’m just checking out with monthly webinars and summaries pulled from peer reviewed literature. Perhaps I can share more in the future if folks are interested. I’d welcome conversations about this. 

John ClarkSubscriber

Here’s to more positivity! Thank you for elaborating Jennifer. I agree – this field can be challenging given the sheer numbers of species that face extinction if we don’t do something about it. Yes, do share more as you explore this vital concept in conservation.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.