Home Forum topic Conventional Seed Banking Oregon Seed Blower customization question

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Holly ForbesCPC Conservation Officer

We are ready to place an order for the Oregon Seed Blower from Hoffman Manufacturing, but wanted to find out if any of you have experience to share about the several options.

We’re looking at the 4″ column (closest to our 40+ year old E.L. Erickson blower) with T4  new style tube kit, CH4-4″ cup and housing, OSB 4″ cap, and anti-static coating.

Suggestions?

Heather SchneiderCPC Conservation Officer

Good question! We have an old blower, too, and it leaks a bit where the cup meets the housing. We had it serviced a few years back because some of the plastic was old and warped, but we still tend to use it mostly for larger seeds and big collections. I’m trying to decide whether something newer would be better and get used more often.

Michael KunzCPC Conservation Officer

We recently purchased a Mater continuous seed blower (https://materseedequipment.com/wp/products/continuous-seed-blower/) to complement our 40yr+ old “mini” blower.  It has a 3 1/2 in plastic tube with anti-static.  This has been a great addition for us, and I like the continuous feeder for larger lots.  The static on the plastic was a main concern when I purchased it, but I have been pleasantly surprised at how well it works and have almost no issues with static.  Admittedly, we are not in the driest part of the country which controls some of our static issues.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.